Before an incoming email accesses your email system it is screened four times:
1) The Gatekeeper Scan - this scans to determine a message’s compliance with rigorous, internationally recognized technical standards. Messages are also matched against blacklists of known spam offenders.
2) Message Sniffer - Utilizing user feedback and enhanced pattern matching, Message Sniffer blocks over 98% of spam in real-time.
3) Cloudmark Advanced Fingerprinting - this feature tops spam and phishing attempts. Also accurately identifies and blocks viruses.
4) Clam AV. An antivirus that incorporates a three-layer virus scan on all incoming messages.
Private Email from Total Digital Security includes an SSL encrypted and secure webmail access portal. This allows you to sign in anywhere from any computer browser with confidence, privacy, and full security.
To add yet another layer of cybersecurity to email, the following enhancements were added in July 2018.
The purpose of these enhancements is to improve the ability to protect end-users by providing warnings about messages that seem "suspicious", and to provide them with useful information to encourage them to think twice before trusting messages in their mailbox.
Total Digital Security estimates that over 90% of all email traffic is spam, although most spam never makes it to the inbox.
Email spam exposes you to malware and phishing attacks - a big risk getting bigger everyday. Not just big companies are attacked, but increasingly these are highly personalized and targeted criminal campaigns that attack many thousand of victims at a time.
Millions of dollars are often lost due to spam through financial fraud, inconvenience, and productivity. To make matters worse, email is being used to ‘phish’ sensitive and valuable information to trick people into transferring money.
To defend yourself against email spam and phishing, you must stay one step ahead of the evolving threat.
Our spam and virus filtering is handled in two stages: blocked email and filtered email. Blocked email ensures you never see those messages in your mailbox. If we can’t block it, email filtering is used to identify spam and put it in your spam folder.
▪ Blocked Email - Total Digital Security uses several industry best practice techniques to block email spam coming from known disreputable sources. This is primarily email from sources we know are unsafe. This covers everything from compromised servers to ‘spam cannon’ services that send unsolicited spam across the internet. These techniques include the use of IP block lists provided by reputable services well known through the email industry, as well as blocking emails with attachment types known to exploit end-user computers. We also provide admins with the ability to blacklist senders at both the domain and mailbox level. Any mail matching these blacklists are blocked.
▪ Filtered Email. If mail passes the block checks, we apply advanced content filtering to verify whether it is considered spam. Content filtering combines many techniques to analyze email structure and content, and create key indicators that identify patterns in email. These indicators are combined with industry- wide feedback from email providers across the internet about reported spam, phishing, and viruses. The end result is an accurate, adaptive, and evolving content filtering system that is highly effective at removing spam.
Maintaining this comprehensive level of threat protection could cost you thousands of dollars a month to maintain. As a Total Digital Security customer, these protections are free with every mailbox you add.
Still on Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, MSN, .. or any of the other abusers of your security and trust?
Take your @ back and reclaim your personal information - for life!
Buy Private Email for yourself, by starting here:
Free estimate and consultation.
"Electronic mail as we know it is drowning in spam, forged phishing mails, and other scams and hacks. It’s going to get worse before it gets better."
Start now, here:
"TDS took the time to walk me through the install even though it was very straight forward. They have been very quick to respond to any questions I had. I would highly recommend them."
"You guys are awesome - always there for me. Thank you for your help!"
"TDS was great. I had an issue, emailed them and they got RIGHT back to me. They continued to email me letting me know what was going on. Great customer service."