Google's Threat Analysis Group reported a "severe vulnerability" in its Chrome browser. The vulnerability is actively being exploited in the wild, and affects Windows, Macs, and Linux systems.
The exploit allows full control of computers by unauthorized users from remote locations.
Please update your Chrome browser as soon as possible. Here's how:
- On your computers, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (three vertical dots).
- Click Update Google Chrome. *** If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Set Chrome for Automatic Updates. Here's how:
- Copy and paste the URL chrome://settings/help in your Chrome browser.
- Click "Set Up Automatic Updates for All Users"
Then, you're done!
FYI - Customers using Device Protection from F-Secure, and/or our Router Network and Wi-Fi Security service are protected automatically, however we still suggest the auto-update setting for all your browsers.
For more about our cybersecurity products and services, please contact us.
Total Digital Security provides enterprise-grade cybersecurity solutions for private clients and businesses.
"Cybersecurity for Life" - for protection that works everywhere, all the time, across all your devices and networks. Solutions are extremely effective, affordable, easy to use, and works on Windows, Macs, iOS and Android devices.