Support - whether you want to confirm your services and be sure you are receiving full value from your subscriptions, or are experiencing a technical issue, your best bet is to email us. Provide as much information as you can, include screenshots, and hit us up with all you have at email@example.com
Feedback and Suggestions - We're doing something no one has done before, and we'll never stop learning how to do it better. Integrating advanced science and powerful software to create an eco-system of cybersecurity is a complex endeavor. TDS takes it to another level by creating it for individuals, on their personal devices, and then making it work everywhere all the time. It takes a partnership, so pitch in with your input, observations, and suggestions, here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter - stay current with all things cyber risk as they apply to YOU, and see the latest with what's happening at TDS by subscribing to "The CyberAdvisor Letter" here: https://www.totaldigitalsecurity.com/subscribe-to-the-cyber-advisor-letter
To change your password for a Private Email box account:
- Sign on to your webmail account using any computer and browser.
- Find "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window:
- Tap "Change Password"
Watch the video at the bottom. and use these helpful instructions to install F-Secure's Freedom for Business VPN.
- For an iPhone or iPad, have your Apple ID credentials available before installing Freedome for Business.
The installation for Freedome for Business consists of two phases:
- Installing the Device Management profile on your iOS device -- this connects your iOS device and the PSB; and
- Setting up Freedome for Business on your iOS device.
Follow these instructions to take Freedome for Business into use:
PHASE 1: Install the Device Management profile on your iOS device
- On your device, open up the installation email sent to you.
- In the email, tap the Install link. This opens up the "Install Profile" window. Note: Please make sure that you open the link in Safari, as a 3rd party browsers will not allow you to install a Device Management profile.
- Tap Install in the right-hand corner to continue.
- Type in the passcode for your phone, if you have one, then tap Install in the "Install Profile" window.
- In the "Warning" window, tap Install in the right-hand corner. The Mobile Device Management profile is installed on your device from the PSB.
- In the "Remote Management" window, tap Trust to allow your device to be managed remotely via the PSB.
- Tap Done. Freedome for Business is pushed to your device. This may take a few minutes. WAIT at this screen for the next prompt - do not click the link.
- In the "App Installation" window, tap Install. If you're not signed in to your Apple iTunes account, sign in with your Apple ID when prompted, and tap OK. Your Apple iTunes account is not charged.
Freedome for Business is installed on your device.
Note: It may take a few minutes to update your subscription on your device.
PHASE 2: Set up Freedome for Business
- Go to the Home screen, and tap the Freedome icon to open up the app.
- Tap Start using Freedome to set up Freedome.
- Tap Accept to agree to Freedome's terms and conditions.
- On the ON/OFF toggle in the middle of the screen, tap OFF, so that your protection is turned ON.
Note: If you face problems with the VPN profile on your device, make sure you have the latest iOS version installed on your iOS device.
First, remember that whatever you do on your Mac will also be reflected on your iOS devices too.
To make Mac Mail consistent across your Mac and iOS devices:
1. On the iOS device, open settings.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap the account you want to make changes to. (It’s likely that you have more than one email account on your iOS device. If you do you’ll need to follow these instructions for each of your IMAP accounts.)
4. Tap the email address for the account.
5. When the Account settings window appears, scroll to the bottom of the window and tap the Advanced button.
6. Take note of the four mailboxes listed under the section titled Mailbox Behaviors: Drafts Mailbox, Sent, Mailbox, Deleted Mailbox, Archive Mailbox.
7. Tap the Drafts Mailbox and you should see two sections: On My iPad and On The Server. (If you’ve been seeing the “Unable to Move” message, there should be a check next to Drafts in the section labeled On My iPad.
8. Tap the folder where you want drafts saved on your server.
9. Tap the Advanced button at the top of this window.
10. When you’re done each of the Mailbox Behavior buttons should have the mailbox you selected listed next to it.
You will need to repeat this process for each of the Sent, Deleted, and Archived mailboxes on all of your iOS devices. You will also need to run through this process for all of your email accounts. But once you do, all of your devices will share the same mailboxes for all your mail.
"Whether your personal information has been stolen or not, your best protection against someone opening new credit accounts in your name is the security freeze (also known as the credit freeze), not the often offered, under achieving credit monitoring."
U.S. Public Interest Research Group, Oct. 2015
Yes, we recommend freezing your credit file. Here are some guidelines.
There are three credit bureaus and each must be contacted with your freeze order;
Experian - https://www.experian.com/freeze/
Equifax - https://www.freeze.equifax.com/
Transunion - http://www.transunion.com/securityfreeze
Each bureau will provide you a PIN to use to control, your account.
The PIN allows you to unfreeze anytime you are applying for credit, and then re-freeze when complete.
Freezes can be lifted by you with your PIN for any length of time between one day and one year.
The freeze/unfreeze activity does not affect your credit score.
It’s a little bit tedious on the front-end, but then; you're done! And it makes a big difference toward shoring in risk to financial fraud.
1:30 video by The Wall St. Journal "What is a ransomware attack?"
About the Freedome VPN - User Guide.
Your device's status bar shows a "VPN" icon when Freedome is turned on.
When you are not actively accessing the internet, the VPN turns off to preserve battery life and automatically turns on when you need it again.
Virtual location protects your privacy and lets you access your favorite streaming services when abroad.
When you connect to the Internet, your device is assigned an address that identifies where you are.
With Freedome, you can select a virtual location. This gives your device an address in the selected country.
For best performance, I suggest the server nearest you.
Nearly everything you do online is tracked, and the data is stored - usually by unaccountable parties, and for indefinite periods of time.
The data is meant to target and manipulate you either immediately, or at another time in the future.
The parties can be over-zealous marketers, criminal hackers, government entities - anyone that wants to access your information.
Freedome is different to other VPNs: it blocks intrusive trackers and makes your online browsing smoother and websites load faster.
Encryption and Tunneling
Encryption and tunneling are the two, key features of the VPN.
Not only are your online activities garbled to anyone on the outside, but your traffic is also routed around or through the "public" network - tunneled away from the hostilities the internet experiences more and more every day.
Here is a short, 3:21 video that explains how it works:
Stay safe out there by keeping your VPN "ON"!
Most all subscription licenses and services are transferable.
If you get a new device and want to transfer the service, let us know and we will take care of it.
There is not a charge, and the license is still good through its original expiration date.
Yes! We absolutely recommend using a password manager and called it the #1 best idea for 2017. We wrote about it, including some of our favorite ones, here:
Watch the short video for an introduction to device protection software and RMM technology.
If "good" emails are going to your spam folder and you want to clear the sender, add the sender's email address to the white list with these instructions: